Really, I have no excuse other than laziness (and that I dropped my digital camera so I can’t take any new pictures). Luckily, a few things are going my way and not only do I have some content reserved but the lovely Lara has let me borrow her old digital camera until I get mine repaired.
So where to begin? How about the play by play of my first hand painted yarn project? It’s the Four Corners Headband from Knitscene, Winter 2007/Spring 2008.
First I made the 5 squares and 2 triangles(motifs); I made them with Cascade 220 but if I did it again I’d use a yarn that’s meant to be dyed. They were really quick; all 7 took the length of a football game.
I mixed my colors (sage and brown; I was going for an “earthy” theme) using Wilton frosting dyes and used the straws to paint the motifs
I like the over all look of the headband however my color choice ended up looking more camo than earthy. I have some other dyes so I may try again.
All together, a great project (especially for new crocheters like me).
Next time, I’ll feature some pictures of WIPs that are now FOs and this weekend I’ll get some photography under my belt.
That’s it for now. Yup, I’m getting sick again.
The Negative Knitter